Stop worrying, Start driving
How to make your batteries last longer?
Battery care: DOs
- Inspect the battery and auto-electrical system regularly
- Add demineralised water in case of a drop in the electrolyte level
- Recharge battery immediately after discharge
Battery care: DON’Ts
- Do not disconnect the battery cable when the engine is running
- Avoid metallic contact with the terminals (it can cause sparking)
- Do not use grease on cables, clamps, & terminals. Use petroleum jelly.
When to change the engine oil in your car?
Signs of low engine oil
- Excess engine exhaust
- Increased engine noise / noise while starting
- Low mileage / higher fuel consumption
Steps to change engine oil
- Completely drain old engine oil, remove any residue in the reservoir
- Replace with oil of the grade recommended by the car manufacturer
- Replace / top up with the same grade of oil, do not mix different grade oils
How to take care of your wiper blades?
Caring for your windshield
- Do not use wipers if windshield is covered by dust / bird dropping / leaves
- Splash water to remove the dust/leaves
- Handle wipers with care when cleaning the car
Using wipers correctly
- Do not drive with damaged wipers
- Do not use wipers to clean away paan / chewing gum if it falls on the windshield
- Use appropriate wiper speed – high speed only when necessary